For all coaches, this is where team rosters and the coaching equipment is distributed.
At the coaches’ meeting, you will:
- Receive your team roster
- Learn about the park and program rules
- Choose two weekly practice days for your team
- Pick up your ball bag, containing practice balls, a goalkeeper’s shirt, and a first aid kit
You will not:
- Receive your team jerseys; these are handed out when team pictures are taken
- Receive your game schedules; these are also handed out at pictures
For new coaches, the coaches’ meeting is your orientation into the soccer program. You will learn about the spirit and philosophy of the recreational soccer program. You will also learn about the rules of the game, and how to do other important things, like contacting your players – and what to tell them when you do.
For veteran coaches, the coaches’ meeting is an opportunity to keep up-to-date with any rule changes and other important information that will affect the current game season. It's also an opportunity for you to help train new volunteers with knowledge and information that only an experienced coach can contribute to the discussions.
The meeting is scheduled for one-hour. We usually start late due to late arrivals, so please be on time. Plan on 70-90 minutes.